Travel restrictions are adjusting everyday worldwide, and it has become extremely difficult to keep up with these changes. An API can add tremendous value to any website aimed to travellers. Airlines have unique needs for their clients. Here is a list of the most often cited concerns regarding travel information.
The first thing travellers are wondering is whether they can enter their destination country. Some common questions travellers have right now are:
- Can a resident enter the county?
- Can a foreign national enter the county?
- Is transit through the country allowed?
- Is a COVID-19 test required upon arrival?
- Is there a mandatory quarantine period on arrival?
This information can impact travellers’ plans significantly. Getting your team the most up-to-date information means more time focusing on the task at hand, and less time worrying about travel.
Internal Travel Restrictions
Once a traveller arrives at their destination country, they may face internal travel restrictions and requirements, like:
- Imposed curfews
- Required contact tracing apps
- Mask requirements and exemptions
- Limitations on accommodations, non-essential business operations, and prohibition of large gatherings
- Closure of museums, heritage sites, and popular tourist attractions
Whether your client is travelling for business or pleasure, limitations will impact their travel plans. Knowing this information before booking a flight is important to them. Learn more about these possible limitations here.
Even if your client researches everything they need to before departing, situations arise that disrupt travel while they are abroad. Possible interruptions include:
- Earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, and other natural events
- Riots, protests, and civil unrest
- National holidays or special events
- Disease outbreaks
These events can happen or change extremely quickly, so it’s important to get relevant and reliable information to a traveller stuck in these situations quickly.
Sitata offers a number of services that integrate safety and security information into your platform to address the above concerns. Sitata offers a travel risk management technology that integrates safety information into an online platform.
Proven track record
At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sitata launched a COVID-19 risk score for each country, indicating how safe it is to travel based on the case curve in the previous 14 days. Medical data is collected from several data sets, including from John Hopkins. Sitata can also display information about entry requirements and internal travel restrictions directly into your website, so travellers know what to expect before booking their flight.
While travellers are abroad, they can also receive travel alerts based on their itinerary for travel disruptions. These travel alerts include:
- A description of the event
- The severity of the event
- The affected areas (including the country, states, municipalities, airlines, and airports)
These alerts are based on the traveller’s itinerary, so they will only receive information relevant to them. Sitata’s AI-driven news monitoring engine and human analyst team detect these travel disruptions, analyse them, and publish an alert to travellers using the Sitata app in the area.
Peace of mind
With the most up-to-date information on these travel restrictions and more, Sitata offers peace of mind to your client. To learn more about Sitata’s suite of services (including telemedicine and emergency travel support) or to partner with us, contact us here.